Sunday, June 7, 2009

saturday

The kids had a fun-packed day yesterday.  

We started off with a bike ride.  Our neighborhood is super-small, with very narrow streets.  Yesterday the neighborhood was having "yard sale day" with yard sales in many of the driveways, and cars packing the streets.  So I did something scary.  I took them outside of our little development onto the streets with no sidewalks, no shoulder, and with double yellow lines.  Mercedes rode in front of me as I pulled Cooper in the trailer.  I about had a heart attack more than once.  I told Mercedes, "never again!"  We're excited to get to Utah where I'll feel much safer.

By the time we got home at 10:30, Brent was packed and ready to take the kids to the water-park at the base.  I stayed home with Lincoln, and enjoyed a few hours of peace and quiet.  I even snuck a nap :)!  

When they got home from the water-park, I took Mercedes to the library to sign up for their summer reading program.  Cooper was none too happy to be left behind, so Brent took him on another bike ride.  Both he and Lincoln immediately fell asleep, and Brent got some pretty hilarious pictures.



Lincoln's first time in the trailer.  He's supposed to be 6 months... but Brent's not one to follow such recommendations.
Lincoln almost always wakes up happy.
Cooper's asleep with his lips sticking out.  We call this his, "dufus face."  
Starting to wake up.  He's not one to wake up happy.

No comments: