Sunday, June 28, 2009

a birthday for brent


Our first stop was "The Fresh Market," which is somewhat similar to Gelson's.  They have THE BEST produce that I've found around here.  We picked up four pounds of strawberries, some peaches, bananas, pineapple, an angel food cake (because I've never made one and I'm not about to start now), some whipped cream, asparagus, and herb yeast rolls.  

We made it home just in time for the boys to take a quick nap before we headed to Target and Party City.  We found a few small and silly birthday gifts (because Brent is really hard to shop for unless I've got a few thousand to spend - champagne taste, and all that), and our party supplies.  Then a quick stop at Party City for balloons, and home to make dinner.

Unfortunately, in my rush to get home I forgot an essential birthday item: candles.  Brent got home just after we did and Mercedes took him to "the pig" to buy them.  Yes, I know, it's sad.  Brent actually had to buy his own birthday candles.

While I finished preparing dinner, Brent and the kids kept busy with our birthday activity: tattoo-ing.  


It was a "Cars"- themed party, complete with tattoos, cups, plates and balloons.

We had a super yummy dinner of parmesan tilapia (because we'd had steak for Father's Day), asparagus, fruit salad, and rolls; followed with angel food cake topped with the yummiest strawberries that I have ever tasted.  Mmmmm.  


He refused to take a "normal" picture.

After dinner we all went back to Target so that he could pick out a few games for his new DS (In anticipation of a long and boring year in Afghanistan, his mom sent him one for his birthday and we've all been having a blast with it).




No comments: