Sunday, June 7, 2009

the graduate

Friday was Mercedes' last day of Kindergarten.  To celebrate, we were invited to a "Meet the Author" party.  The kids each read to their guests and then the diplomas were handed out.  Afterward, everyone enjoyed a giant ice-cream sundae bar.  I would have enjoyed myself more if I'd gotten a babysitter for the boys.  The whole time, Cooper (who does not whisper) was begging to eat some of the candy from the sundae bar, and Lincoln was hungry and tired.  I must admit that I did get teary during the slide show.  It's sometimes hard to see the kids growing so fast.  (Sorry about the blurry photos.  Our "good" camera is in the shop for repairs.)





Reading to us, "My Favorite Things."  Her class made these shirts for their "field day."  OGE stands for Oak Grove Elementary.

I just love Mercedes' teachers, Ms. Ann and Mrs. Stevenson.  They are so kind and patient.  My favorite thing about them is that they believe that learning should be fun.  The kids sang and danced every day.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations, Mercedes!!! I can't wait to see you again.