Monday, March 21, 2011

our favorite author

We are big fans of Dr. Seuss here in the Bethers household.  Mercedes loves rhyming books and always has.  I love to read fun stories.  The boys just love to be read to.  In honor of the great Seuss's birthday this month, we did our best to make green eggs (and substituted pink pancakes for the ham).  

Mercedes came home from school with instructions, and I thought that it would be a fun and easy dinner.  Easy?  Not so much.  I was picturing scrambled green eggs in my head, but those are not the kind of eggs illustrated in the book.  It's really hard to turn the whites green while leaving the yolks yellow and unbroken while frying eggs.  Most of my attempts actually turned into green scrambled eggs.  The kids, who love eggs, didn't think that the green looked to appetizing.  Even Lincoln, who will usually try anything, wasn't fond of the green eggs.  

Pink pancakes don't look too appetizing either.
This one is slathered with maple syrup.

I think that this was my first and last attempt at green eggs.  It's more of a "brent" project anyway.  He loves to experiment in the kitchen.

No comments: