Sunday, April 12, 2009

I don't want another one!

Last night I was thinking, "Maybe I could handle another one... but not for another four years." I know that Brent doesn't want another baby. Pregnancy and the first year are really hard on our family. It was so much easier having a newborn with a four year old. I just don't know how people do it every two years for ten years! It's really amazing.

The thing that's hardest about it is that my kids need to be in their beds to sleep. And Lincoln takes six naps a day still. It's just really hard on the other kids (and me), to not be able to go anywhere. I think that's the hardest part.

The hardest part for Brent, I think, is having a stressed-out wife. Anyway... this morning I shared my thoughts with Brent. His response was, "But I don't want another one!" and then, "I'm done!"

I just don't know that we're done yet. Maybe we are, maybe we aren't. I know that if we need to have another one we will, and Brent will feel it. But for today, he just keeps repeating again and again, "I don't want another one!"

1 comment:

Candice Carter said...

I think Brett and Brent are in the same club! My thought is a lot like yours.... when it is the right time then everyone with know! Take care!!