Thursday, April 23, 2009

I don't wanna!

I don't want to clean my kitchen. It's gross. How do such little people make such big messes? I think that there should be a rule that if a person spends hours making a fabulous dinner, then that person should not have to clean up the mess afterward. Especially if said person didn't even get to eat dinner with the family because inconsiderate kids woke a VERY tired baby who then could not get back to sleep and was fussy all night long.

I really shouldn't complain. Brent goes through phases where he's GREAT at cleaning up after dinner. Lately, he's been really busy. He has a lot of studying to do because next month he's going to Texas to take some trauma test that usually only Doctors have to take. Also, last night he went home teaching and didn't get home until 9:30. On most nights, he gives Cooper a bath and does the bedtime routine with the kids. I've got it pretty darn good.

So I shouldn't complain.

Presently, I'm wasting time at the computer while Cooper plays in the garage (which has become our new playroom), Lincoln takes his second nap of the day, and the second batch of dishes soak in scalding water. I should go and start a load of laundry. Cleaning out the fridge would also be a good thing to do. I still have not gotten through the conference talk that I started reading two days ago. Our lawn (or weeds really) needs to be mowed. Brent got a bad sinus headache last time he mowed it, and said that he will never mow it again. So it's my job now, I guess. And I haven't made my bed yet today.

I'm sure that you never waste time like me. I'm kind of an expert, and am happy to share some pointers if you'd also like to excel at the art of avoiding life.

OK... I've finally talked myself into getting back to work.

1 comment:

Meggan said...

that's funny. i get it, i do.