Tuesday, August 24, 2010

apicoectomy is spelled: OWIE!

Well, the good news is that the infection is all gone! No more abscess. The pain will someday end.

I sat in the Endodontist's chair today, so very grateful to live in the age of "modern medicine." The Endodontist literally lifted up a flap of my gums, sucked out the infection, then "refilled" the top of the root of my pre-molar. And I didn't feel much at all. And it only took about one half of an hour.

Then I went on my merry way to Target to get my Vicodin prescription filled. The post-op instructions were to rest as much as possible for the next few days, and not to chew much until my stiches are removed on Friday. So while I waited for the pharmacist to hand out the narcotics, I found two books to read while I'm laying around. I also picked up some key lime yogurt and peanut butter fudge ice cream.

So now I sit on the couch watching "Daniel Deronda" on netflix while Brent and the kids are out picking up "convenience foods" (mac n cheese, frozen pizza, juice boxes), since I won't be cooking for the next few days. I also asked him to bring home some tapioca pudding - yum!

I have the best husband in the WHOLE world.

I just hope that my face isn't all black and blue on Sunday when I'm speaking in church. That wouldn't be so much fun.

No comments: