Sunday, September 12, 2010

right about now...


That song in my head?

"Kids are Music." Thanks Sister Gates! If you grew up in Southern Orange County, then you've probably heard it.

Feeling?

Frustrated. Mercedes promised that if I let her wait to shower in the morning (instead of last night) that she definitely would not whine about it. Well, it's time for her to shower and she's whining and pouting on the stairs. Getting that girl ready for church? NOT fun.

I should be...

Getting myself ready for church. This is my least favorite part of the week. I do enjoy being at church. But the getting ready part? LOATHE it.

Reading?

I recently finished reading "The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud." I highly recommend it; I loved the writing and the story. I've moved on to Meg Cabot's latest "Airhead" book. Yes, I'm embarrassed to admit it. I never outgrew the "teen fiction" stage of life. I'm always in the middle of a few non-fiction books, too. Right now it's "The Engine 2 Diet" - I'm feeling more interested in trying out the "Vegan" lifestyle for a while (my brother would cringe if he heard me say that).

Watching?

I've been enjoying Covert Affairs this season.

Wearing?

House clothes. Today that means: Orange Piggly Wiggly shirt, pink and white striped pj pants and pink emus.


Where in time would I rather be?

Can't decide...

With Mom in backyard in San Ramon, CA. I was 10. Don't you just LOVE the perms?

With cousins in Lewis's backyard. I was 9. Jacob, Rebecca, Mark, Sarah, Jenny, me.

With roommates in the summer of 1998. I was 21. Me, Gwen, Sarah, Lacee. Apartment #437 is the best.

Mercedes and Brent in our first South Pasadena apartment in 2004. She was Lincoln's age then. I miss my little girl!

SLC Airport seeing Ape off on her mission in 1998. Sarah, Lacee, Ape, me. (It was VERY early morning - that's why we all look like we just rolled out of bed. We did.)

Lewis's back porch. I was 3 or 4. Aunt Sharon's was always my favorite place. I'm guessing that's Rebecca on Afton's lap, but I'm not sure. Rebecca, Afton, Mark, me, Sarah.

Ahhh... my back yard on Fortuna East in Irvine. My dad and brothers often had "surfing" contests. Whoever stayed up the longest won. It was usually Kevin because he hardly weighed anything. We had a rope that we'd swing into the water on. I love that house.

No comments: