Thursday, March 11, 2010

gossip

So yesterday afternoon as we were getting ready to go to Wal-Mart, my 7 year old, "Dolly-Babe," said to me:

"Mommy, did you know that Miley Cyrus is having a baby?"

Ick. To even hear those words coming from my sweet, innocent little girl was, quite frankly, disgusting.

I made the mistake of letting her watch "Hannah Montana" back in the beginning, when Miley Cyrus seemed to be a sweet, innocent little girl herself.

My reply?

"No way. I really don't think that's true. Where on earth did you hear that?"

"Sophie told me." (Sophie is her best friend's older sister).

"Well sweetie, I don't think its true."

And we dropped it.

But the aftertaste has stayed with me. Yuck.

(BTW, I don't know where Sophie is getting her info, or if it's true, but I really hope that she's wrong.)


No comments: