Wednesday, March 10, 2010

boom boom pow


What is it with boys?

When I was pregnant with my first boy, I was scared. What would I do with a boy? I REALLY didn't want to get sprayed while changing diapers. At the time I had a friend with some WILD boys. Boys who ran around like crazies and screamed in the car and stole toys and opened the rear car door when I was driving in the carpool lane on the 134 in Glendale. Boys who definitely rattled me, as I don't handle chaos well. (I mean, I loved them to bits - but being with them for very long was a bit overwhelming).

Luckily, I didn't get sprayed by my first boy, and I quickly fell in love with all things "boy." Trucks, cars, trains, balls, dirt, etc... But I'm just now getting a taste of real testosterone. I mean, my 3 year old "Mini" is getting violent! He thinks that it's funny to call people "stupid" (gets a total laugh out of it, in fact), giggles and says "poo poo barf," and is SO ROUGH.

On our drive home from WHOLE FOODS today, Mini was entertaining himself by kicking (or as he calls it, "booming") his 1 year old brother.

"Mommy, I just boomed Stinky's sock!"

"Do NOT touch your brother!" I replied in a threatening voice.

"But I want to!"

"If you boom your brother, then I will boom YOU."

"Then I will boom Stinky's face!"

In a more exaggerated threatening voice: "If you boom Stinky's face, then I will boom your head so hard, it will fall off of you."

"But mommy, if you boom my face off then I will not be able to talk!"

"Exactly. Sounds good to me."

"Well, then I will boom YOU!"

At this point, I could no longer contain the laughter. It erupted.

"Mommy, stop laughing. I'm not kidding. I mean it real, I mean for reals!!!!"

A few minutes later, "Mommy, I love you. I will not boom any people."

"Oh thank you! Then I will be so proud of you!" This is what he likes me to say. He often tells me not to say, "good job." He wants me to say, "oh, I am so proud of you!" So I do.

No comments: