Monday, June 27, 2011

today i don't feel like doing anything

It was VERY hard to get up this morning.  We've been sick for the past week, and this morning the head-cold hit hard.

At one point I got up to get Cooper some cereal.  And then I went back to bed.

Then I got up to change Lincoln's diaper.  And went back to bed.

The kids (who I rationalize are also under the weather and need to just rest) have taken turns picking shows/movies to watch.  I've let them watch as much as they want today.

I let the kids eat whatever they wanted.  Granola Bars?  Sure.  Goldfish?  Sure.  Cookies?  Sure.

I finally got out of bed for good some time after 9 am.

The downstairs floor is covered with granola bar and goldfish and pretzels.  And water.  And I don't care.

My wonderful husband doesn't care either; isn't that nice?  He's downstairs heating up some soup and pizza for the kids so that they get some nourishment today.  He understands how bad I feel because he's the one who gave me this cold.  And he loves me.

A cold in summer?  Really?

Except it doesn't quite feel like summer today, what with all of the rain and the temperature below 70 degrees.  But I sure do prefer this weather to the 90 degrees my dad says he's been experiencing in Utah.  We don't have air conditioning.

Hopefully I'll feel more like myself tomorrow.

No comments: