Thursday, October 28, 2010

walking in the rain

Yesterday it did not rain here.  Yesterday was an exception to the norm here.  Yesterday was sunny and bright and we went on a bike ride and played at the park.  We had fun.

This morning when Cooper asked to go on a walk I figured, "why not?  If we don't go out in the rain, then we'll never go out."

So Lincoln and I walked (and rode) while Cooper rode his bike.  In the rain.  Then we played at the wet wooden park.  In the rain.  Lincoln slipped on the wet metal ladder.  Good thing I was spotting him!  The boys were wet and muddy and had bright red hands, ears, and cheeks.  Cooper said, "this is so much fun, mommy!"  and then, "Let's go Lincoln!"  (meaning lets go back up so that we can go down the wet slide again) to which Lincoln always replied, "Let's go Lincoln!"  He likes to repeat.

When we got home I made the boys strip down in the garage before going into the house for lunch.  What's a little more laundry?

I'm listening to Lincoln cry in his bed while sitting on Mercedes' bed.  Cooper is slowly getting to sleep in the bunk above me.  Tonight he's afraid of Monsters.  I know that really, he just doesn't like to be alone.  None of my kids like to be alone.  I know that some kids do like alone time, I just don't know who they are.

Brent took Mercedes and her good friend Megan to a Christmas Choir practice.  It's a tri-stake children's CHRISTMAS choir for ages 7 and above, and they are both sooooo excited about it.  I'm excited that the rehearsals are usually on Saturday mornings instead of week-nights.  I'm not a night person.

I've been tired lately.  Fortunately, I'm having my yearly thyroid blood test done tomorrow.  I don't know if that's the reason for my (more than usual) fatigue, or if it's the lack of sunlight.  I have been spending time with my "happy light" each day.  Seriously.  That's what it's called.  I found it at Costco on Monday.  I'm supposed to spend 30-60 minutes with it in my periphery and within 5 to 24 inches of me each day.  Usually, I just set it on a chair next to the couch while Lincoln is napping (so he won't knock it down) and read for a while.

Ahhh.  I hear Coop snoring (he's a loud snor-er); and Lincoln has stopped wailing (hopefully for good).

Now it's just me and the sound of the ocean (from Coop's sound machine).

Peaceful.

No - there's the crying again.

Oh well.

No comments: